As a research technician you responsibilities are to:
- Work in close collaboration with the members of the department of Physiology and international research groups at VUmc and AMC;
- Establish and perform molecular and cell biology experiments;
- Contribute to training of Bachelor, Master and PhD students;
- Coordinate the practical organization of the molecular biology laboratory and primary cell cultures.
We are looking for a research technician with the following experience:
- HLO degree or equivalent education;
- Knowledge and experience with molecular and cell biological assays;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Enthusiastic and highly motivated;
- Pro-active and independent with good analytical skills;
- Team player with strong communicational skills.
The Department of Physiology at the Amsterdam UMC, location VU University Medical Center in Amsterdam focuses on research on cardiovascular disease. The research at the physiology department is characterized by a multi-disciplinary approach with strong interaction between fundamental and clinical studies. Our studies range from molecular analsyes to functional characterization of the heart and vasculature.We offer
Salary Scale 7: 2351 tot 3184 euro gross when employed full-time (depending on qualifications and experience).
In addition we offer:
– Additional benefits include an 8.3% end-of-year bonus and 8% holiday pay.
– Pension is accrued at the ABP. VUmc contributes a large part of the premium (70%).
– In addition to excellent accessibility by public transport, we reimburse 75% of your OV travel costs (commuting costs).
For more information about our employment conditions, please visit our website.
For Dutch citizens it is mandatory to provide a VOG (Verklaring Omtrent Gedrag).
We offer a full-time appointment by location VUmc for a period of 1 year. After a good evaluation, your contract can be converted to an indefinite period.
The prospective start date is: 01-07-2020.
Be sure to provide in your motivation letter and/or CV a brief summary a brief description of your research experience and 2 references with their contact details.Information and application
Don’t hesitate to call us!
If you’re interested about this position, you can contact Prof.Dr.Jolanda van der Velden, via telephone number 06-27339910.
If you need more information about the application procedure, contact Faisca Stuiver, corporate recruiter at 06-10669317.
You can apply till 3 June 2020 by using the apply button.
Acquisition based on this vacancy is not appreciated.