As a PhD student you will be working within a research team consisting of Nuclear Medicine physicians, hematologists, statisticians and clinical physicists. The research project is part of the international PETRA consortium (https://petralymphoma.org) aiming to improve selection and treatment response prediction of lymphoma patients by advanced and unique quantitative FDG PET/CT image analysis.
At present we have a vacancy for a PhD student with an interest in developing and implementing new AI methods to further improve the accuracy and precision of quantitative image analysis and developing AI based predictive models. This new and innovative research project is funded by the Hanarth Fonds.Your profile
We are looking for a PhD candidate who has the ambition to improve patient care and cancer research by developing and implementing new AI based applications.
We are looking for a candidate with the following qualities:
- Master’s degree AI, computational science, biomedical science or technical medicine/clinical technology or equivalent;
- Experience or familiar with machine learning and CNNs – understand the basics for training, cross-validation and testing AI methods;
- Familiar with image processing and analysis methodology;
- Less than 4 years working experience since receiving the Master’s degree;
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills;
- Willing to work and live in or near Amsterdam;
- Fluent in English (written and verbal).
You will be hosted at the Amsterdam UMC, location VUMC, department of Radiology and Nuclear Medicine. The department is a specialized medical imaging center with an excellent molecular imaging methodology group. This group has a strong scientific focus on quantitative molecular imaging (PET/CT) and undertakes several research projects on image reconstruction, kinetic modelling, image analysis methods and AI. Our team is a world leading expert research group in quantitative PET/CT standardization and analysis.
Working at Amsterdam UMC means working in an inspiring and professional environment in which developing one`s talents and skills are encouraged. We offer you ample opportunity for development, deepening and broadening, additional training and a place to grow!We offer
Salary Scale PHD: 2495 tot 3196 euro gross when employed full-time (depending on qualifications and experience).
The monthly wage will increase yearly to the maximum wage in the fourth year of EUR 3.196 gross per month.
In addition we offer:
– Additional benefits include an 8.3% end-of-year bonus and 8% holiday pay.
– The opportunity to follow further training and development.
– Pension is accrued at the ABP. VUmc contributes a large part of the premium (70%).
– In addition to excellent accessibility by public transport, we reimburse 75% of your OV travel costs (commuting costs).
We offer an initial contract for 12 months that can be extended (after evaluation) for another 36 months.
For more information about our employment conditions, please visit our website.
For Dutch citizens it is mandatory to provide a VOG (Verklaring Omtrent Gedrag).
Don’t hesitate to contact us for this opportunity! If you are interested in this position, you can contact prof.dr. Ronald Boellaard by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.Information and application
Don’t hesitate to call us!
If you’re interested about this position, you can contact Prof. dr. Ronald Boellaard, via telephone number see ‘further info’.
If you need more information about the application procedure, contact Brend de Jong, corporate recruiter at 020-4448704.
You can apply till 15 April 2021 by using the apply button.
Acquisition based on this vacancy is not appreciated.